- Ginger beer is a carbonated drink that is flavoured primarily with ginger and sweetened with sugar or artificial sweeteners. Most ginger beer produced commercially is a manufactured soft drink.
- A nonalcoholic commercial variety of this
- This soda is not as common as the others but it is used in two very important drinks: the Dark and Stormy and Moscow Mule. It has less carbonation and is typically made with a combination of ginger, lemon and sugar. Some commercial brands contain alcohol and some do not.
- A cloudy, effervescent mildly alcoholic drink, made by fermenting a mixture of ginger and syrup
- carbonated slightly alcoholic drink flavored with fermented ginger
- A type of product manufactured by a particular company under a particular name
- A brand name
- A particular type or kind of something
- (brand) trade name: a name given to a product or service
- (brand) burn with a branding iron to indicate ownership; of animals
- (brand) a recognizable kind; “there’s a new brand of hero in the movies now”; “what make of car is that?”
Ginger Beer (three bottles)
Dowden & Co., Ltd., Bournemouth, Dorset
Dowden & Co’s fortunes seem to have been closely tied to the Bournemouth & District Mineral Water Supply Association, and both went into liquidation the same day in 1908.